Abetalk Abetalk is a community of divine spirits. Connecting, clarifying,
remembering. Together in this time of the global awakening.

Go Back   Abetalk > Archives > Abetalk 1.0 > General Discussion
Connect with Facebook

Old Fri Sep 05 2008, 10:45pm   #1 (permalink)
Rodney
admin @ abetalk

Default Abraham-Hicks contradicts their teachings on Abe Talk Forum
Abraham-Hicks contradicts their teachings on Abe Talk Forum

On August 31 2008, I received an email from David Gordon. In the email, he stated that he was employed by Jerry Hicks (Abraham-Hicks publications) to carry through on Jerry's request -- have Abe Talk remove the trademarked name, Abraham-Hicks, from their website title bar and header.

The details of the situation unfolded as follows: Abraham-Hicks publications had hired Jody Baron, under the title of Business Intelligence, to scour and find websites that used the Abraham-Hicks trademark, and report any website that might associate the trademark with any unfavorable content; Jody stumbled upon a thread titled "Vagina smells like...?" in the General Discussions section on Abe Talk, and used it to file a report; David sent me an email requesting that Abe Talk remove Abraham-Hicks from the title bar and header.

Note: their was no willingness of the other party to allow fair use/nomative use of the Abraham-Hicks trademark. We asked to continue using the trademark beside a clear statement that we are in no way affiliated with the Abraham-Hicks organization. The other party declined our request without much consideration.

Abe Talk was created around the Abraham-Hicks books, and the request was received unfavorably by most members. Over the next few days, many emails were sent back and forth, and more communications were shared on a 29 page topic concerning the request.

The most concerning issue about the incident was that it contradicted the very teachings of Abraham, and that it would lead to Abraham-Hicks losing credibility. The Abraham teachings state "no one can create in your experience. You control everything in your reality using vibration that you put out." Where is the contradiction? By sending a request to Abe Talk, Jerry Hicks was saying "my reality depends on how you behave", or "yes, another can create in my reality". Jerry Hicks was worried that the Abraham-Hicks image would be tarnished by content that was published at Abe Talk. So, the message we received was that Jerry Hicks does not follow his own teachings -- or more precisely, Jerry Hicks thinks the teachings of Abraham are ineffective, and should be ignored. The teacher was not following his own teachings.

This incident reminds me of the Catholic Church stating "love thy neighbor, as you love yourself", and then the priests went and raped little boys. Would you hire a fat personal trainer to help you lose weight, or a sick doctor to help you get well? There is a contradiction between 'what the teacher says', and 'what the teacher does'.

This is my case for the loss of credibility in the Abraham-Hicks organization. It is my opinion that the publication group is driven only by money. This incident shows me that they are not concerned with the accuracy of the teachings in books and workshops. And so, with my well-being and success in mind, I choose to disassociate myself from the Abraham-Hicks line of books, workshops, and recordings.

This has been a review by Rodney of his experience with the Abraham-Hicks books, created at 11:40PM on Saturday, September 5th, 2008. Rodney is website administrator for Abe Talk.

2010-02-27: I no longer hold any resentment toward Abraham-Hicks publications. I think their teachings have some credibility. However, I will leave this thread up as a historical reference.
Disclaimer: All perspectives shared by Rodney are limited to my viewpoint and experience, and are not necessarily respective to the viewpoint and experience that you -- or anyone else -- share. This message acts as a reminder that I am not here to guide you. You are to follow your own inspiration, intuition, and guidance. Should you reject your responsibility to your self, you are liable to whatever destructive results may occur.

Last edited by Rodney; Sat Feb 27 2010 at 12:25pm.
Old Fri Sep 05 2008, 11:24pm   #2 (permalink)
LifeIsFun

Default Re: Abraham-Hicks contradicts their teachings on Abe Talk Forum
>>
Old Sat Sep 06 2008, 7:06am   #3 (permalink)

You know, this whole thing has been bothering me all week. I think its because of the association of Abraham with a trademark.

I am not sure i want to base my spiritual development around a brand! I suspect christians would feel the same about Jesus Christ being viewed as part of a marketing solution, buddasts would prolly feel the same about Budda having a TM symbol above his name etc.

My pie tastes bad because this whole sorry saga seems to be saying to me that Abraham has 'brand values' rather than being a set of spiritual teachings to be enjoyed by all. It seems to be like (for example) the Olympics games logo where you can't refer to the brand unless it ascribes to the values dictated by the legal entity that has trademarked the brand. yuck.

That to me is an incredibly uncool stance - i am so bitterly disappointed in this stance and very much doubt this is coming from Abraham!!

I dunno. I am struggling with this a bit. Its just not the way my vibration rolls, yo...

i am of course hugely grateful for the Abraham teachings - i think they are very special and really enabled me to grow as a person in so many ways. It just seems though that the evolution of AH is no longer in alignment with my own spiritual development and its probably time for this little birdie to spread her wings and grow in other spiritual directions.

*goes back to sitting quietly in the corner contemplating*

Old Sat Sep 06 2008, 7:58am   #4 (permalink)
Jen415

I am reading so much passive-agressiveness in her e-mail!! This is a psychiatrist's wet dream!!

It is absolutely so unfair that they are attacking this site when there are so many others doing the same thing.

Jen
I AM ALL THAT IS.....
Old Sat Sep 06 2008, 8:20am   #5 (permalink)
Ahnalira

If the wishes of Jerry and Esther have been respected - and their trademarked nomenclature removed - then it would seem to me there's no need for a further representation for them on this topic.

11:11's post reflects the emotional duress this process caused him. His persepctive, imho, is sad (I wish he still felt the beauty of the Abraham teachings), but it is his truth. I will respect it. It doesn't define me or my intentions with AHP in the work I do there. I will just let it be and love 11:11 for creating a place where I can explore the teachings in a way that is comfortable for me .

Jody, I'm glad you enjoy the emoticons from my Disney forum (It's a happy little corner in cyberspace, everyone, and you are welcome there if you'd like to visit (http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspplay/) You are welcome to have them. I do wish you'd quit posting here unless you want to participate in the wellbeing of the forum. So far, all your posts cause an escalation of the distress, and I would appreciate it if you 'self-moderate' to that purpose if you want to post.
Old Sat Sep 06 2008, 8:25am   #6 (permalink)
Dance of Joy

I LOVE you, Ahnalira! You freaking rock.

I LOVE that I separate Abraham / Source, the entity of all that is beautiful, from the personages of Esther and Jerry (whom I also love and appreciate), who are human and therefore I do not hold them to any standard of behaviour but respect their desire to set their own standard.

They simply do not play in my pie.

Love,
Christine

I AM PURE SOURCE ENERGY TRANSFORMING.
Old Sat Sep 06 2008, 9:42am   #7 (permalink)
Jen415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahnalira
Jody, I'm glad you enjoy the emoticons from my Disney forum (It's a happy little corner in cyberspace, everyone, and you are welcome there if you'd like to visit (http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspplay/) You are welcome to have them. I do wish you'd quit posting here unless you want to participate in the wellbeing of the forum. So far, all your posts cause an escalation of the distress, and I would appreciate it if you 'self-moderate' to that purpose if you want to post.
Brilliant! YES YES YES!!!

This also goes for myself--I will try to only post things that are for the well being of the forum!

Jen
I AM ALL THAT IS.....
Old Sat Sep 06 2008, 9:58am   #8 (permalink)
Dance of Joy

Mury,

Do you see what is so beautiful in all of this? YOU followed your inspiration, and in your beautiful freedom posted a message that brought you joy to express. And contrast came, because we were all attracting it, and it came through the path of least resistance. And now, we are knowing our power MORE than ever. We are understanding how we create with our thoughts more than ever. Do you see what a blessing this all is? You, in your beautiful allowing of self, do what feels good. And things happen as a result. Beautiful contrasty things that give us gorgeous clarity.

Your post on the vagina was in perfect alignment with the intentions of this forum: pure freedom.

I alone am so much more than I was last week. I am so much more joyful and free than ever. I feel the love of my Abetalk friends with more poignancy than ever.

SO babe, I am gonna THANK YOU!

Love,
Christine

I AM PURE SOURCE ENERGY TRANSFORMING.
Old Sat Sep 06 2008, 9:58am   #9 (permalink)
Chamber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsFun
[b]HI 11:11,

You have some basic and glaring inaccuracies in your "review". It's so interesting how a "story" can be twisted and changed even when the primary source has been clear and honest. Fascinating.

This is a real illustration of how when something is stuck in my "vibrational craw", as Abraham has put it, that the Universe will just find more ways for it to show up!

I've been in vibrational "frustration" over the fact that in certain newspaper interviews, Esther was wildly misquoted and those who interviewed her even went so far as to simply make conjectures and then fabricate items which now, much time later, are being touted as "facts". I've been involved recently in a project for Esther and Jerry which involves my having this "issue" of misquoting and "misunderstanding" of facts, uppermost in my mind. I now realize how strongly I was vibrating that. "it's not fair! They are making things up!" And other such indignant statements.... Yup. Stuck in my craw alright! I really have to laugh. How many times have I said to David in frustration -- "But.. I know Esther and Jerry to be such clear and forthright communicators - how and why did these reporters make such a muck of their message??"

So, of course! It's no wonder, that here I am seeing an example of the exact same thing! And it's my own message that's been "mucked" this time. I know myself to be a clear and forthright communicator as well! And yet - here is 11:11's post, full of inaccuracies presented as fact. And here are the "events" of the last few days which had me shaking my head and saying but... that's not what I said! Yup... beating that "misunderstood" drum!

That vibration HAD to bring a like manifestation to show up in my experience! After all - it's the LAW (of ATTRACTION). And the Universe will never let us down. It will always give us an indication of exactly what we are vibrating.

So 11:11, you have lots of inaccuracies in the stated "facts" in your post above, particularly about my role. But I shall not attempt to correct you yet again. I have a feeling it's not really all that important. And the opinion part of your post is just that, so needs no discussion. You wrote what felt good to you and now you seem to have some closure on the "issue", so all is well. I have no need to "correct" your errors concerning me, and I certainly have no need to defend Abraham-Hicks. They stand on their amazing merits.

As my ex-husband used to say "this really has me swingin'!"

I'll just end with a reiteration of the obvious. Since 11:11, the Webmaster of this site, has in his post above, expressed such sentiments about the Abraham-Hicks organization, then of course they will be no further question as to the use of their trademark in the titles and headers of this forum. So.. LOA has had the "break-up party" as Abraham always says.
You really have no idea how LOA works do you?

I think 11:11s letter and Jodys shenanigans should be posted on every LOA forum I can find.

That would bring this forum more readers....and less business for AHP.
Upon much deliberation, I asked for permission to take my testicles out of my "wifes" purse, and lock the forum, thus preserving my well-being under threat of emotional terrorism. Messaging system remains online for those sympathetic to provide me with validation for my emotional irrationalities.
Old Sat Sep 06 2008, 10:06am   #10 (permalink)
Deva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance of Joy

Your post on the vagina was in perfect alignment with the intentions of this forum: pure freedom.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like vaginas

I like my vagina

I like your vagina

(Well if you don't have one i like whatever you have )

VAGINAS ROCK!!

VAGINA POWER!!